Engineering surveys are an important aspect of planning and development of big projects like
- Residential areas.
Engineering surveys can help plan out the legal boundaries for a particular project. These are later stored in computer data bases to provide a builder with legal geographical boundaries which a project may occupy.
What Does Surveying Take into Account
Engineering surveys are usually three dimensional. These include
- The positioning of points on a piece of land.
- Measuring the exact distance and angles between the points
- Surveys also take into account points above or below the surface of a land.
Why are Surveys Conducted?
Surveys are not something which modern society has given rise to, In fact surveying is as old as the Nile Valley civilization. Their accurately built pyramids are a testament to the kind of surveying done all those years ago. The Egyptians made use of principles of mathematics to design edifices as sophisticated as a pyramid.
Surveys are conducted for the following
- Preparation of maps of a particular building project
- Design plots
- Prepare the topography for a project
- The legal boundaries which help establish an ownership of a piece of land.
- Provide help in planning and construction of a project.
- Since surveys need to be very accurate civil engineers make use of optical and electromagnetic instruments.
Kinds of Engineering Surveys and 3D scanning
3D scanning provides detailed information to ensure you make the right decisions. Contact lester franks for more information on 3D scanning today. The following are few types of engineering surveys
- Are done by marking positions on land.
- Setting legal boundaries for a project and laying out the necessary structures required to construct a building or roads
- Geological surveys take into account the land features of a particular area.
- The reason for this is to test the safety of a piece of land for a construction to begin.
- Engineers usually obtain data with the help of satellites or aerial photography.
- Topographic surveys can help locate the topographic features of a land
- These surveys also take into account man made features like underground utility lines.
- These help keep an accurate record of the topographical features on a piece of land.
- Most architects make use of topographic surveys before they begin construction.
- Can help monitor a building which is undergoing deformation or structural damage.
- The surveyors make use of innovative and precise equipment for monitoring any deformities in the land.
- This can help provide solutions to maintain a building structure and improve upon it.
Engineering surveys have now become an absolute necessity whenever a construction of a road, building or dam needs to take place. The use of precise and latest pieces of equipment has helped made land surveys more accurate than ever.
Before starting, get an engineering survey from Lester Franks using their state-of-the-art equipment and expertise in the engineering surveying field. These days surveying is even done with the help of robotic equipment. These equipments design digital maps which are highly accurate and have little or no place for error.
Whether you are simply looking to develop a residential building or something more sophisticated like a commercial plot, make sure you get a land survey done before starting construction. This can help prevent headaches by providing accurate data for any legal processes.